Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jeff's back

AM

I bought a new hi vis running top this week.  I really wanted to go for a run and try it out so when the forecast was for drizzle I thought it was a perfect opportunity.

I met Fi and Dee at the Tan and we ran down to the beach, I did ok but when we turned on Beaconsfield Parade into a headwind I pulled the pin.  I met the other two back at Queens Rd after they went round the loop and we went back to the Tan.  I ran for just over half an hour and I've pulled up sore.  My heel is so bruised I can't weight bear on it and my hammies are nice and twangy.

I did enjoy the run but I don't enjoy the hobbling and it does validate my decision in progress to move to a different sport.

Jeff held his first park session today and it was great to see a few of the old crew.  I wish more of the Thursday night gang could have made it because I miss them.

rope shenanigans
up and down, 30 secs on 20 secs rest x 10
side to side same time x 10

sled drag 2km round the park 20kg shared with Helen and Vic

Med ball work
slams x 50
squat push throw 20 x 2
reverse oh throw 20 x 2

Good fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment