Sunday, September 4, 2011

2 bikes are better than one

AM
I'd decided to give Beach Rd a miss this morning in favour of breakfast with the running girls and the Boulevard.   I've been missing them and feeling a little disconnected by all my bike time.  Fi's not back to running yet so she decided to join me on the bike.  We've never ridden together so we were both quite excited by the prospect.

I tried to get to the Boulie the same way JBSECT did the other morning but I got lost and was riding through the back streets of Northcote when Fi called to say she was at the Gipps St bridge.  I was passed by a new friend in Rush Cafe kit and rode with him to the Boulevard where he headed off to the Dandenongs.

I met up with Fi and we cruised for a bit to warm up.  I introduced Fi to Yarra St which I'm sure she totally enjoyed.  I didn't much like her asking me which way to go half way up, I could only choke out one word and I'm glad she didnt turn around to notice the snot hanging off my chin.  So attractive!

I thought one Yarra St was enough for the first time, so we headed to Walmer St for some Postman repeats.

I think I was turning around a little later than the other morning but that just gave us a couple of extra seconds rest. We hit out 5 repeats with the gear getting a little harder each time.

We still had some time before breakfast so we rode the flat boulevard all the way out and then time trialled back.  We were still the first for brekky even after spinning a couple of blocks around 3 Bags for a cool down.

Fun time!

Vix was picking up her new bike so we decided to meet in Northcote for lunch.  I took the CX bike out - I'd put the bigger gear on it after the last Dirty Deeds and need to remember to change it over before the CV race next week.

I rode over, had a nice lunch and then rode home where I realised I'd left my water bottle behind.  A quick phone call to the caf to make sure it was there and I headed back out to collect it.  It's all about the extras hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment