Thursday, September 1, 2011

big ring, grind, repeat

AM

Steve arrived at my house just before 6am (what kind of crazy world do I live in where this is normal?) and we rolled down to the bus stop in Nicholson St to meet the JPBSECT gang.
A strength workout of hill repeats on the Boulevard was the session planned for today and we quickly made our way to the pipe bridge and up the hill to the Boulie. 
TT to Walmer St where we turned left put the bike in the big ring, sat down and ground all the way up to the post box.  Turn around, back down to the Boulevard where we rode back down to the playground then repeat 5 times.
I didn't get 5 repeats out, I lost the group on the TT to Walmer and by the time I'd got there they'd already done one rep.  I got out the 4.

This was a great workout.  I loved it, hard work but the efforts were something I felt comfortable with.  I've always loved the hills and the Boulevard is my favourite place of all time.

I was very tired all day and lucky I was working from home so I could have a nap.  I've needed to eat alot of food too.

PM

Skipping and deck squats to warm up

Box Jumps
30
30
30
20
20
Single leg explosive step up to squat
30
30
30
20
20
Tabata squat, elbows to knees 21, 21, 21, 20, 23, 23, 22, 24
Tabata kb swings 16kg, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
Tree chin ups, no kipping, 4, 5, 3, 3
KB side twist 20, 20, 20

No comments:

Post a Comment