Sunday, March 4, 2012

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday - Total Rush skills session Beach Rd

Had a good ride with the crew from Total Rush, it was nice to ride them and not be chewing stem.  We did an easy roll down to Hampton and back with some bright newbies.  When we got back to Richmond it was raining and I wasn't too surprised to see the Cykel Women's Grand Prix had been cancelled.  I was disappointed because I'd been looking forward to that event but now I get to look forward to it for a bit longer as it's been rescheduled for March 24.

If I'd been really keen I could have gone and trained in the rain with Jeff in the arvo but I went to the movies instead.  I know he'll make me pay for that another time.

Sunday

SKCC crit - here's what I wrote somewhere else. The only thing I forgot to include was the bunch coming to a complete stop on the back straight as workmen were carrying pipes across the length of the road. 

I need to pay better attention. B and C were together today as the field numbers were pretty small. The fast B grade girls were out and one team has a score to settle with the handicapper so I knew it would be an interesting race. It was fast from the start, I think B were hoping to drop C, we lapped A grade. I held on. (!!!!). At what I thought was 2 laps to go I noticed that the team were on the front and wouldn't chase me if I attacked around the back straight so I did and they didn't. I came into the last corner first wheel with a big gap back to the rest of C and was pretty confident about staying away when I noticed that I had one more lap than I thought to go. They caught me on the 2nd last corner of the bell lap and I didn't have the legs to go around and over them in the sprint. 4th. Better racing but dumb.

PM
Playing in the back yard with 2 x 20kg kettlebells and the box.  I'm sure I'll hurt tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment