Saturday, March 17, 2012

'You used to be an athlete'

That sentence will motivate me for a very long time.  Thanks Jeff for today's session, I needed it.  Thanks also for the motivation.  I'm very lucky to have you on my side.

AM
4.5km run to Smith St to get my car.   Glutes and quads cramped, felt super heavy and slow.  Actually turned my garmin off because I was disappointed with the 6+ min k's. 
So, in the spirit of accepting where I am right now,  I kept going, relaxed my face and enjoyed the familiar sensation of running on a crisp morning.  It was fantastic, I loved it.  I feel inspired to keep trying.

PM
Jeff in the park.

Aqua bag run 1.5km
20 x 16kg kb resistance band run uphill walk recovery downhill (50m)
2 x 16kg kb farmer walk 1.5km - that was a good mental test.   I found it really difficult, but again used gratitude for the fact that I was doing something I love to get me through
forearms and grips were now well and truly gone so
100 snatches each hand 10kg kb were really difficult.

Perfect session.

No comments:

Post a Comment