Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bang

I'm a bit tired and sore now but here's what I wrote about today's ride somewhere else.

I went for a MTB today on some truly awesome trails off the Great
Ocean Road between Anglesea and Torquay.   So many trails to
choose, from wide old fire road to rocky single track. Such good fun!

I only had 2 stacks, the first caused by poor pedal position hitting a
rock and sending me careening into a tree. It was pretty spectacular,
happened on a down hill, I saw it coming but don't have the skills to
correct once I've picked a line.

Anyway, picked myself up, collected everything that had flown out of
my jersey, found my sunnies, straightened the seat post, checked chain
and both brakes still ok and continued on the descent.

After my back wheel sliding out majorly a couple of times, I realised
I had NO front brake and hit a log at a bad angle, made it over but
then headed over the handlebars. Ha! All my brake fluid had leaked
out after the first crash.

Kept riding around for another hour or so, was pretty careful and got some training in at riding with one brake.

Some logs I was brave enough to go over and some I wasn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment