Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Missed it by that much

Woke up art 5am and stayed in bed until 5.05am.  That's a little fact that will become relevant shortly.  Got my act together and rolled out the front door just after 5.15am.   It was a nice warm morning, no baselayers necessary which was lovely.

Bombed an ITT to Racer, where I hit the front door at 6.03.  Hmm, that 5 mins in bed came back to bite me as the bunch had already left.  I asked a guy sitting out the front how long ago the girls had left and he said they'd just gone.

I could barely make out the blinking red lights in the distance but thought I'd give it a red hot go chasing them down.  A couple of bad luck lights and they rode way off in the distance not to be seen again.  I rode down to Sandy and then decided to turn back to Albert Park and JBSECT.

I was back at Albert Park at 7 15 and waited for the team to ride by.  Lucky JP saw me as they were all cleanskin today and I nearly missed them.

Yummy breakfast. 

Bike time almost 2.5 hrs.

Knees held up ok.  Were getting a bit sore by the end but I can handle that.

Will be attempting a run in the morning.  Fingers crossed the running gods are smiling at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment