Friday, January 6, 2012

Thursday catch up

I'm a day late posting this one.

Thurs dawned bright and shiny so I donned my brightest kit and went to meet JBSECT.  They weren't going to miss me waiting at the bus stop and my choice of kit did generate some laughs. 

I was happy I could hold their pace down to the Boulie today, I think they were cruising.  They dropped me straight away up the climb past the pipe bridge but that's ok.

Crit training was the go and the boys were already on their first lap when I got there and they went absolutely fanging past, looked so good, I haven't been so close to such speed before and it sounded great.

The next lap around DB and JP had dropped everybody.  We later found out that Gus is doing his own fasting program and I totally get how little energy he has.  I'm right there with him, half an hour is all I've got.

I did laps of the crit track, practising holding my line through the corners and attacking the hill until the guys had finished.  We went to do some postmans but my legs were done for the day after one.  I went back for another but didn't finish it off.

Home for me rather than into town where I had a big midday nap.

PM with Helen

5 x 30m tyre drags
4 ways with the arms, tyre weighted with 22 kgs.

16kg KB
around body pass 20ew
high pulls 20
squat push press 20
lunges 20
sit up press 15
side twist 20 ew

and that was enough for me. 

Friday

Nada, walked a bit.  Legs are shattered.  Increased the avocado and nuts at lunch and that filled me up so much I didn't eat meal 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment