Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Woot Woot

I thought I was getting stronger!!

After almost chickening out, I was up at stupid o'clock for a trip down to Racer.  CB from JBSECT was the ride leader today and I liked the idea of doing my first ride with someone that I know. The Wed ride is a step up from Tues and I was really nervous about being dropped, making a massive fool of myself or bonking.

We did head off at a fair clip and I was stressing about blowing up given my recent lack of energy, my first goal was to make the Sandy lights, which I did.  I mentioned to CB, that I am really scared of cornering and wasn't looking forward to turning around at the clock tower.  As luck would have it, I was on the front at that point which maybe was a good place to be as I didn't have to follow a wheel.  CB told me that CV is a coach and he'd probably be ok with giving me some lessons.  I think I'll ask him.

We turned around straight into a nasty, nasty head wind.  Other people were popping all over the place and we lost about half of the group.  Not me though!  I did tell my legs to shut up a couple of times and it did help. Again, I was on the front for the hills but I got some feedback later that my turns were good.

CB put me on the front at the end to bring us home as well.  I had a ball, felt good, confident in pretty awful conditions.

I'll make that my regular STKCC ride now and hopefully step up to the Thursday before too long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment