Friday, February 18, 2011

18.2.11 Beautiful day.

Gorgeous day to be out on the bike.

Legs a bit dead after last night's Jeff session so only managed half of the boulevard.  Rode down to Richmond to meet Jen for brekky then smashed it around the burbs, Boule, Merri Creek Path and home.

Went out again in the arvo and forgot to turn my Garmin on so I'm not sure of total distance today.  It was 25km or so before my second ride.

Met Paul my new running coach today, talked about racing, training volume and strategies.  It was a very interesting discussion but I am left feeling slightly intimidated by the goal I've set myself.  Paul approaches training like a science so it will be interesting if I can adapt my 'let's just smash it and have fun' approach to his very considered manner.  I respect his results so I'll listen and do what he says.

He was very supportive of all the work I do with Jeff which was refreshing to hear.  Alot of fitness professionals are a little unsure of how much I train so I had expected a negotiation but he was fine with my program. Yay!

Supermaxi for dinner tonight with the running girls.  I am so fortunate to have found such a brilliant group of women to share my life and laughter with.

No comments:

Post a Comment