Tuesday, February 22, 2011

21.2 Loving life

It's so beautiful here, even when the weather is yuk I love it.

Jen and I rode off into rain and a really nasty headwind.  We took the beach rd around to Eagles Nest and I found the headwind really difficult with no gears.

We stopped off at a few places to take in the scenery which was lovely.

Zoomed home with the tailwind and Jen 'encouraged' me to not use any brakes down the hills.   I chickened out on the first one but on the second I managed to hold my nerve.

Off camber corner, speed wobbles and all.  I was scared out of my wits but had a massive adrenaline rush at the bottom!

We were the only two people dumb enough to be swimming in the cold, but you can't really come to the beach and not swim.

We also went for a lovely long walk along the sand, soft sand = sore achilles.

I had a massage from the local remedial massage therapist and she agreed that my glute med and QL were both very tight and unhappy. 

Massage stick, ball and Dr Lock exercises here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment