Tuesday, February 22, 2011

22.2 Still at the beach

Woke up to a fine morning today.

I'd planned on giving my hip a rest today, but funny, when I tell myself I don't have to do something, I end up really wanting to.

Headed down to the oval for some 400 repeats.  I left my Garmin at home again so I'm not sure of total distance including the warm up, but I did 7 x 400m around the oval.

Then I joined Jen in a beep test.  My hip and quad are very grumpy so I'd planned on pulling the pin when I got to 10 but I couldn't hear the track very well and pulled out early at 9.8.  Good lesson to keep going until I'm truly spent because I wasn't tired out.

Just before NY I did a test and got to 10.3 fairly easily so I'll benchmark again in a couple of months.

Went for a swim (which was more like an ice bath!).

Jen's set me a challenge to head up into the hills towards Korumburra this arvo which will be a bit hardcore on my SS.

Lucky I'm tough and stubborn!

Postscript:

I went for a gorgeous ride up into the Strezlecki's.  Road was absolutely beautiful and even though it was hard work, I really enjoyed it on the SS.

No comments:

Post a Comment