Saturday, February 19, 2011

19.2.11 Bleurgh

Well, I think my week of feeling like a footballer in the off season (note, I said feeling like, not feeling.  VERY important distinction!) caught up with me this morning.

I drank more alcohol last night, which, on top of a long day on the bike and more humid conditions contributed to a very yukky run this morning.

I rode down to the Childrens Farm and then Fi, Dee and I headed off to the Boulevard trying to recreate last weekend's loveliness. 

It was hot and humid and my HR shot up straight away.  I'd noticed my right glute was very tight on the bike and a couple of k's in, I was struggling to handle even a slight camber on the footpath.
I tried to talk myself into HTFU by thinking of other's efforts this weekend (Neil's race), but even that didn't help.

After 5km, I decided that 10km was a good enough effort for this morning so I turned around on the Boule to come back. 

After 9km, I'd cracked and walked back to the farm.  I got a stomach cramp and then my right quad and both calves went out in sympathy with my glute.  I'm cranky with myself that I couldn't hang on for even 10km but today, it was all just too hard. 

Riding home was a bit of a slog.

I'm headed off to Justin's beach paradise this weekend with Jen and I know I will have a lovely time down there.

I'll try for another run tomorrow am and we will spend some time on the bike together and I might even attempt the stairs. 

Now, for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment