Thursday, February 24, 2011

24.2 MTB madness!

Went for a run this morning and called it quits after about 3km.  Right glute still very unhappy - I have an appt with James and his evil fingers of death tomorrow so hopefully he will sort me out.

Met Gavin at Jeff's at 2pm for a MTB ride.  He took me up to Hans Loop for a lesson.  I had an absolute ball, crashed 5 times but learnt some new stuff and scared myself silly.

Gavin's a good teacher, he's very patient and didn't make me feel dumb.  He caught a blue tongue for me to make a wish on too.

Got back to Jeff's just before 5 for a leg session.

Deck Squats
2 x 15

3 x
3 phase squat
One leg jump squat x 10
jump squat x 10

3 x
24kg bulgarian split lunge x 5
one leg split jump x 10
24kg bulgarian split lunge x 5
other leg split jump x 10

Then Jeff improvised some glute activation:

weighted bridge with the yellow barbell
3 x10

feet on KB, shoulders on box bridge
3 x 10

Push Ups  x 50 for absent friends.

Now, I'm absolutely shattered, shelled.....what a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment