Saturday, February 26, 2011

26.2 All by myself.....

I wasn't sure what I'd be capable of this morning so I chose to run at home and then meet the girls for breakfast.

I set off at 6am from home, with no Fi to chat to (or draft alongside), no music and no plans.

As soon as I got down the end of the street I realised that I was in for a good day.  No glute pain.

I've got so used to running with Fi, today was a really good test to see if I could do some distance by myself.  Fi's a great partner and our styles complement each other.  I hadn't realised how much I'd come to rely on her company so it was good to go it alone today to remind myself that I could.

There's no company for the hurtbox that is 35km +....

I was quite slow today, not surprised by that considering the week I've had, had some ankle soreness, again not surprised by that given the time on the bike.  I was surprised that my glute didn't start to ache until 15 or so kms in.  Maybe landing on it hard on Hans Loop woke it up.

Whatever it was, today was a good run. 

Now I'm off to the Austral Wheelrace with Fi and we will catch up on all the news we missed out on this morning.

Run dist 16km

No comments:

Post a Comment