Monday, July 4, 2011

Fi's Marathon

I've been up at the Gold Coast for the weekend to be support crew for Fi during her first marathon.  I knew it was going to be hard to watch her and not run myself but I had no clue as to how difficult it was going to be.

I need to think about the race a little more before I post a complete update.  I will say....

It was not Fi's day
the marathon is all about learning how you cope when thing's go wrong
never try something on race day you haven't tried in training
Fi is tough
it's hard to watch a friend hurting
42 km is a long way and it really only starts at 30km
Fi is tough
Fi is tough
Fi is tough
This won't be her last one

It was the last Jeff Sunday session and it sounds like it was a beauty.  Lots of old friends were there having fun and hurting.
Thanks for teaching me how to hang in Jeff and keep going no matter what.  That's a good lesson to have learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment