Sunday, July 17, 2011

let them eat cake

AM

Brrrrr.  It was a very chilly 2 degrees when I left home this morning.  I dug out my NYC 5 boroughs gloves to keep my hands from hurting and I was very glad to have them on.

It was Fi's first kind of, almost, serious run back this morning and we intended to do 10kms together.  I hadn't quite intended to do them so fast but we had some stuff to talk about and we tend to get faster when we do.

We held 5 15 for most of the run, with a bit of sub 5 thrown in for good measure.

Although chilly, it was a beautiful morning.  The birds were chirping in the pitch black, the grounds were white with frost and the sunrise was a gorgeous hot pink.  The bare trees looked fantastic against the sky across Princes Park and I was very happy to be alive and out in it. 

Fi detoured at the end to come view my new bike and then we all went to breakfast for Susie's birthday breakfast with cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment