Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Welcome back legs

AM

I decided it was time to test my legs on some hills.  It wasn't pretty and it hurt, but I got through everything ok.  I was pretty tired today at work, but I have to remind myself, it won't be as hard as this morning again.

3 at the monument
2 backwards at the monument
5 at the grass pinch climb at the top of the Bowl
2 from the water trough up around to the chairs
1 Anderson St
Jog back to car

Lunch - walk in and back from the city

PM  Jeff's at the gym

16kg kbell
20 round body pass ew

Girevoy style session - 2 mins rest between each of
3 mins each side snatch
2 mins each side snatch
1 min each side snatch
2 mins each side jerk
1 min each side jerk
3 mins each side LCCJ
2 mins each side LCCJ
1 min each side LCCJ

Well!  It's been a long time between drinks for Girevoy and I've got a very attractive case of arm pump going on.  My grip gave out very early, I couldn't lock out my right elbow and I could feel it all the way down my triceps, obliques and hip flexors.  Tomorrow will be interesting.

My form, though slow was consistent.  No where near my old pace but I held 12 min each side for each of the snatch minutes, 7 for the jerks and 5 for the LCCJ. 

I'm a little scared that I'll be riding the Burbs loop with Steve on Thursday.  I think he's going to smash me.

No comments:

Post a Comment