Sunday, June 26, 2011

All good things must come to an end...

Tonight was my last Sunday at Jeff's.  I don't quite have my head around the fact that something that has been such a major part of life for over 8 years has come to an end.  I've driven to that shed twice a week for such a long time, I think I'll find myself there out of habit.

I've spoken with a few of the special kettlebell crew and we are all in agreement about what we've got from Jeff.

Not just an incredible level of fitness and access to one of the sharpest fitness minds in the country.  I know I value the friendships I've made, it's so special that I have a gang of friends that think exactly the same way I do about training and competing.  I never have to explain myself, they know what I'm capable of and I know when to push them.  I respect every one of them and consider them among my closest friends.

By far, the most valuable thing we've got from Jeff is confidence.  Confidence in our physical abilities and also confidence in our mental strength....confidence in our bodies as well as our minds.

I know I'm a different person to the one that rocked up at Doherty's so many years ago.  Jeff has pushed me past my perceived limits so many times that I now believe I'm capable of anything I put my mind to.  No limits.  HTFU. Laugh, have fun, live and train hard.

Thanks Jeff.  I wouldn't be me without you.

Tyre drag 1/2 hour
straight arms, superman, arms behind and backwards
rope shenanigans
20 mins
tyre hits with the mallets
500
then one arms and double arms

THE END of Sunday's xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment