Saturday, June 18, 2011

Much better!

AM

10km loop around Princes Park this morning had my perfect sound track.  Islands in the Stream, 9-5 and Jolene kept me amused the whole way around.  Legs felt pretty good, I'm starting to feel a bit tight in the right glute so I"ll need to book in a massage after the CX race.
I was pretty happy with how I felt, I was having fun, which was nice.

Midday
Left Montmorency (Tim and Micala's place) and rode to Hans loop.  It was more muddy than last week but I managed to ride the whole way round.  I needed to unclip for some of the more technical stuff but I only unclipped in terror once on a rocky descent.  I managed to pedal most of the uphills and the more muddy sections.  I finished the loop more that half as fast as last week and I had way more fun because I wasn't as scared.   I hope to do this ride every weekend for a while so I can work on my skills.
We went to Eltham Burger Lounge which might be a new favourite after Hans and then rode up the hills back to Micala's.

I was filthy, hosed off at her place and then came back home and cleaned up some more.  

PM
hungry and tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment