Thursday, June 2, 2011

hee hee hee

AM

Yippee!  I almost felt like my usual self this morning,  I knew as soon as I started from the front door that it was going to be a good morning.  I held about a 5 45 pace which I haven't been able to comfortably do for some time.  It was a gorgeous morning, not too cold, clear and pleasant.

Dist 6.5km

PM
Ride to Rosanna Scout Hall with Helen.

Jeff's in the hall

normal warm up
dragon lunges
spiderman lungey things
side cossack lunges x 2 because they hurt me
backwards lunge x 2

push the tyre across the length of the hall 20 times for Helen the rest of us go as long as it took her.  Quads on fire here, HR high. 

circuit of hell 10kg tyre tube
50
30
20
10
apparently, I was not going low enoough on the lunges or the jump lunges or the jump squats so Jeff gave me plenty of encouragement. 

skip rope 10mins

Helen had to go pick up her car from Elsternwick so we rode there together.  It was an excellent night for a ride.
We went down Heidelberg Rd, across Clifton Hill to Trenerry then down to familiar territory along Nicholson, down Victoria and then along Burnley. 
We crossed over the bridge near Kanteen and then headed left up the hill (which I think is Grange or St Georges Rd, we've run up it before), left up a hill and then another hill which turned out to be Orrong Rd.

All the way over Glenhuntly Rd to Elsternwick where we packed the bikes in Helen's car and then headed home.

It took us an hour and a half, we had a good chat on the way.  I think the dist was probably 25km or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment