Saturday, August 20, 2011

Flatted

I decided to give the Shop ride a miss today.  My legs were pretty tired after a big week and I wanted to save a little something for CX, luckily I think I made the right decision.   I wasn't happy to realise that I'd bailed on Gavin though.  I'll make it up to him another time.

I did almost 4 laps of Albert Park (sprinting pit lane) before Heather flatted.  She didn't have any kit with her so we tried to use my spare tube which didn't fit her flash tyres.   After 2 patches failed to fix it we ran out of gas in my cannister so H called her husband to come and pick her up.  I decided to keep riding as it was a gorgeous day and I was having fun.

I did another lap and a half of Albert Park and then headed to Rush for breakfast as I knew I'd well and truly missed the girls.

Leaving Rush the weather had got even better so I rode down to GE intending to head to the Boulevard and take the Chandler Hwy exit home.

I made it to Walmer St without any problems but heading up it I started to feel really off.   I took a rest break half way up and got the shakes.  I slammed a gel and kept going. 

Down the hill was ok and I passed the Gipps St bridge thinking I'd come good.  As soon as I started up the next hill though I was cactus.   I turned around and took the exit and made my way home. 

I called into Small Block for my second milkshake of the day.   I hope I've eaten enough today to recover the energy stores for crazy cross tomorrow.  I think I'll know within a minute of the race starting....

Dist 50km

No comments:

Post a Comment