Saturday, August 6, 2011

Rush ride

First time down Beach Rd in a bunch today and I knew it was going to be hard work.

I knew I was going to get dropped as well, it was just a matter of when.  I'm finding it quite disappointing that I can't accelerate off the lights very well, my running muscles are just not helping much on the bike and it's so hard to get back to the bunch once I'm off the back.

The group got split at the lights at Glenhuntly Rd and I never got back on.  One girl waited for me and we rode down to Mordi and back together. 

It was hard work for me, she was cruising but I was working the whole way down and back.  Once we were back in the city, I rolled by the cafe where the girls were but they'd already gone.  By the time I got back to the bike shop I'd ridden just under 80kms.

Not bad for my first go.....now to keep working on skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment