Sunday, August 21, 2011

Race 3 Dirty Deeds CX

Finally - I found my sweet spot with CX!  I was so chilled today, I was yawning before the race.  My strategy was to just go easy on myself and have fun after how crook I felt yesterday.

I rode the course once during warm up and noted that it was going to be tough going on most of the infield and 2 of the hills were unridable on my SS.  I could however smash it up Pavlich's hill, so that was confidence building.

We took off and it took me about 20 secs to realise this course was perfect for me?  The muddy infield was unridable for almost everybody and guess what?  I can run good!   I could smash the hill as I suspected and thanks to Jen, I'm confident to stay off the brakes on the downhill.  My legs were strong enough to make it up the steep stairs ok and the mud pit where I stacked last year was no problem.

I gritted my teeth and passed people running up the two hills over the back of the velodrome and could hold my own riding around the river.

I still need to sharpen up my dismounts and flying mounts because I lose alot of time on both of them.

I have no idea where I placed but I think I was mid pack somewhere.  The results on the website are likely to be wrong because everything got a bit mixed up but I'm happy with how I rode today.

I didn't want to stop and if A Grade hadn't been a full field I would have gone around again. 

Good course for a SS, good course for strong legs, good course for a runner.

What a shame it's all over for another year.






No comments:

Post a Comment