Thursday, August 4, 2011

JPBSECT + 1

Oh my golly goodness, the bunch that I rode with this morning were fast.  I should have been warned by the cannonball run through the city to get to Albert Park.  They could accelerate like nothing, I've got some work to do.

At Albert Park, they headed off for 5 laps, sprinting from the pool around to the street where Junction Oval is then a steady pace back to the pool.

I was redlining during the steady pace, I couldn't hang on to the back of the bunch on the sprint and then worked hard to get back on. The second time around, once I was off the back, I couldn't get back.  Kath dropped off the back and we worked together around, well, really, I hung onto the back of her wheel into the wind and she dragged me around.  I'll repay that favour one day.

I need to work on cornering, accelerating and hurting. 

PM  Backyard Blitz

2 x 20 deck squats
5 min skip

30 box jumps x 3
20kg kb step up 5 es
16kg kb step up 5 es
20kg kb step up 5 es
16kg kb step down 5 es x 3

run around the block, sprint to finish.

I was so tired today I had to come home to have a nanna nap before training.

No comments:

Post a Comment