Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mud and Bruises and CX

Ha!

Scared silly, so scared.  Jen had to give me a good telling off (encouragement!) to get me to try a cyclo dismount.   Finally, got there in the end but couldn't work out the remount.

We went out for a few hours around Darebin parkland and up north to Bruce's Loop.  I'm not at all confident in the mud, I lose confidence when the back wheel slides around.  I obviously need to practise more.  Heaps more.

I was filthy when I got home and so were my shoes and my bike.  Took me a while to get the bike cleaned up and then cleaning me up left a nice ring of mud in my shower. 

I know I say this alot, but that was so much fun.  Very challenging, but fun.

PM Jeff's

I was pooped.  Justin obviously was too because after seeing him on the trails covered in mud he didn't make it to training.

tyre hits with the sledhammer
30 secs on 20 secs rest x 10

tyre jumps (in and out) back and forth
30 secs on, 30 secs rest x 10 but could have been 12
this got the HR up high and as I got tired I was losing height over the tyre, tripped once, and by the end was swinging my feet out to get them over

tyre flips back and forth to partner
30 secs on, 30 secs rest x 10

battling ropes 30 secs on 30 secs rest
up and down
grappler
big squat
outside leg lunge
backwards lunge
through 12 times

No comments:

Post a Comment