Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rudie Nudie

Fi had a 30km run planned for this morning and I was keen to join her for as much as I could.  I thought I could stick it out for 10km and then jump on the bike for the rest.

I rode down to Mixed Business for a 5 45 start, it was cold but not freezing and had the promise of a beautiful morning.  We ran down the Merri Crk trail to Dights Falls, it was dark and lonely down there and we both glad for the bright moon lighting our way.

I was running hard, Fi's alot faster than me and I knew I'd just have to suck it up as best as I could.  Fi knows me too well for me to hide how I was feeling, she knew I was hurting and noticed that my stride is very off at the moment.

We passed Dights Falls and ran around Trenerry Cres to Johnston where we turned around at 5km, we came back the way we had come.  Fi had to leave me on the hills but we got back to the car in 58mins which is pretty quick for a busted person.

I got changed into my bike kit while Fi ran for 2kms alone.  She came back to the car and I jumped on the bike.

We went around Princes Park together and then a Zoo, Oak St lap.  Fi was running so strong, she's ready and fit.  I was having fun on my CX bike and practised shouldering it up the stairs a few times which trashed my already sore legs.  I can't wait for CX season!

Brekky at Mixed Business is always delish and then I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment