Saturday, April 16, 2011

Didn't think I'd make it

AM

I had a few wines to decompress last night. Not the best prep for a 23km run after a very slack week but they were much needed.

Fi had picked the starting point in Richmond today and took us down Swan St to GE and onto the flat boulevard.

We headed up the the pedestrian bridge at the St Kevins rowing sheds and headed along the Gardiner Creek trail, past the Hawthorn Cycling Club to Fi's house.   I considered turning back there as I was feeling more than ordinary but after a gel I continued on Fi's loop with her and Dee. 

We took Gardiner's Creek Trail back the way we'd come.  We looked up and noticed the beautiful sunrise and on the way back a couple of cyclists were scooting round the track.

Back along Swan St and Fi and Dee got a bit of a break on me, that made me get a bit cranky with myself so I took off with 1.5km to go to try and catch them.  They crossed the road without realising I was chasing so I continued back to the cars alone.  I was able to smash it for that last bit which was completely surprising after how I'd started out.

I ended up doing some extras to make up an even 24km.

Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment