Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tightarse Tuesday

AM

My legs were heavy and sore today.  Jen said hers were too. 

I ditched my speed session in favour of a hit out on the trails, it was a beautiful morning and I felt like I needed to get some fun back into my running training.   The trails were in good condition, I think the trail fairies might have been doing some work after the recent floods.  The undergrowth had been cut back and that made it easy to pick a spot to land my feet.  I only heard something slithering away once but I did get stung on the eyelid by some unidentified stingy flying insect.  That hurt but it happened at the end of my session so I didn't have to put up with it for too long.

I started at Studley Park and headed north until the steps then turned back and ran the trails all the way to Walmer where I turned around and ran the trails back to Studley Park.

Dist 11km

Jen and I were discussing my uncontrolled inhaling of food in the afternoons in a bid to stay awake and she suggested that I try a recovery powder after my sessions.  I don't know why I hadn't thought of that but I've given it a go for the last couple of days and it does seem to make a difference.  I'll see how it goes at work tomorrow.  Hopefully it will help me lose these kilos that I've put on.

PM  Jeff's without Jeff in my backyard.

16kg KB

circuit of hell
100 swings
circuit of hell
100 cleans (changing hands on 10, I KNOW soft)
circuit of hell
100 1A Deadlift
circuit of hell
50 2A swings

No comments:

Post a Comment