Saturday, April 2, 2011

Faith and Balls

AM

Another gorgeous morning for a run and with 22km on the plan we had plenty of time to talk.

It's funny how running in the dark doesn't seem to count, there's no way this morning felt like 22km.  We had hit 10km without really thinking about it and held a good pace the whole way.

Route was almost exactly the same as last week.  Starting from Richmond Pool, heading across to Abbotsford then up Johnston to Princes Park.  Down the back of the Park, along Swanston, over to and around Exhibition Gardens, along Spring to Fed Square, then along the River to Anderson St.  Cross the road, down Alexandra Ave to Church, across to Swan, down to Burnley, back to Highett and back up to the Pool.

Well, when I write it like that it feels like along way but it felt great this morning!

We had a good chance to talk and plan things and Fi and I both agreed that we have a bit of uncertainty about a few things.

I feel flatter that I have ever felt about running and I'm far more excited about being on the bike.  It's not that long since NYC and I haven't backed up two difficult programs before so understandably I'm feeling quite fatigued in the legs and taking much longer to recover. 

I'm also carrying extra weight (blah, blah , blah) which makes running that much more difficult. 

Fi hasn't run a marathon before so while she's got pace, she's untested in endurance.

Basically, I think it all boils down to 2 things.

Faith and Balls. 

Faith that the training we're doing is working and though we feel tired now, off the back of a taper we'll be strong and fast.

Balls, because over 30km it's all about the size of your cahunas.  You've either got the balls to tough it out, or you don't.  There's nowhere to hide, it's gonna hurt, and it's gonna hurt big. 

I know I've got the balls and I've got faith that Fi has too.

No comments:

Post a Comment