Friday, April 22, 2011

Running adventures

Good Friday AM

I'm not sure what the long weekend will bring my way so I decided to go for my long run today.  I woke up at 7am and headed out the door with a plan to see how far away 25km would get me from home.

My route took me down Lygon St to Victoria, then I headed for Hoddle St.  I walked up the Punt Rd hill and then continued onto St Kilda.

It was a nice morning, not as perfect as it has been lately but still lovely running weather. At St Kilda I headed down Beach Rd.  So many cyclists were out today, and I enjoyed checking out the legs, bikes and kits of the bunches as they went past. 

25km got me to Sandringham Football Club where I stopped, bought a Gatorade from the Caltex and headed inland to find a train.

An hour, a train and tram ride later and I was very cold and very glad to jump into a warm shower at home.

Not surprisingly my legs and glutes were very sore today so running was hard work.  I needed pretty frequent water and rest breaks at the lights but I'm still happy I got through it.

Islands in the Stream kept me good company during kilometres 8-20!

No comments:

Post a Comment