Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The kilo

AM

A while ago, Neil tried to explain the effort it takes to race the kilo. 

I think I worked it out this morning.  600m repeats are a killer.  They seem to sit right in between energy systems, every single time I looked at my watch thinking that was enough, there was nothing left, I'd only run 400-500m.  600 was just that little bit extra that really hurt.

Lucky, I was working from home today because I ended up having a 1 1/2 hour sleep at lunchtime.

8 x 600m repeats, 200m jog recovery
9km total distance

PM Jeff @ the gym

1min work, change hands or direction every minute

16 kg Kbell
2 x around body pass (4 mins in total)
One arm swing x 2 ( 4 mins in total, you get it?)
Jerk x 2
Clean x 2
Rack lunge x 2
Snatch x 2
One leg deadlift x 2

Lunge circuit of hell

30
20
10

Lunge circuit of hell =
goblet squats
reverse lunge
jump lunge
jump squat

No comments:

Post a Comment