Saturday, April 9, 2011

Thank you for not punching

AM

Step back weeks are easy right? Ummmm, not so much.

Maybe it was the couple of champagnes I drank with Emily last night, maybe it was exactly what my trainer predicted.  The step back weeks are going to feel hard is what he said.  I didn't quite believe him then.

Dee, Fi and I met at Mixed Business this morning.   I'd planned a long loop that would take us around some of our favourites.

Along Hoddle, where Dee did an impression of our run on Thurs that had Fi laughing so hard she couldn't breathe.  We turned left at the river, left at Chapel and right on Swan.  Back down to the river at GE where I was feeling incredibly thirsty, slow and yuk.

We stopped at the drink fountain, and then continued along the river to Walmer and headed up onto The Boulevard.  I tried to take notice of how pretty it was up there, but I was more focussed on one foot in front of the other, repeat.  Fi whispered a little secret that she was hurting too which made me feel better.  Last week we smashed it, this week 10km felt like a long way.

We left the Boulevard at the Gipps St bridge and detoured around Trenerry Cres and back to Clifton Hill.   The human GPS had to recalculate a few times but we ended up with 17km which was just over our target of 16.

Fi told me that we'd actually averaged our marathon goal pace today which surprised me as it felt so slow.  This is where I have to trust the training.  We've been getting steadily faster and I had been warned about how I was going to feel so actually, everything is going to plan.

Massage with James and his evil fingers of death

OUCH.  Hamstrings and calves sore, had a few adhesions.  Achilles not so great.  Glute not so bad until he got to glute med, then it all got awfully bad. James thanked me for not punching him at one point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment