Saturday, March 5, 2011

5.3 And the toilets had soap!

AM

Officially the start of hard training and 16km was the goal.  I woke up at 4.30 and must have turned off my alarm only to wake up later in a bit of a panic at 6.04.  Quick text to Fi to say I was going to be late and I flew out the door. 
I didn't speed and still managed to get to our meeting spot only 2 mins late. 

We hadn't worked out a plan so headed into the city over Gosch's paddock and along the river.  Pace was pretty good - Fi and I both felt very cruisy today.  It's so much easier to run when there's good company and much conversation about all sorts of things.

We headed down to Docklands and then cut back to St Kilda Rd via the Exhibition Centre.  When we got to Domain Rd we had a quick decision point about where to turn back and decided to include some Albert Park lake rather than do extras at the end. 

A detour to find a toilet stop added on a few extra k's that I hadn't expected but Fi gets so happy to find a public toilet with soap that it made the extra distance worthwhile.

I mentioned (and honestly believed) that we would walk when we got to 16km because we didn't really need to be doing extras. 

We hit 16 at the Bot and though we did walk up the back of Anderson we took off at a good pace down the hill and back across the paddock.

Called in to see if Jen was at work yet, and then the final couple of k's ended up a sprint.

Today was a brilliant morning for running, autumn in Melbourne is gorgeous running weather, I didn't want to stop so this will be another one that I call on for motivation when the going gets tough.

Dist 19.34km

PM
Did some gardening which caused the hammies some issues.  I noticed this morning that my arms and shoulders are still sore from Jeff's Tues night caning.

No comments:

Post a Comment