Saturday, March 19, 2011

Everybody wore undies....

Another gorgeous Melbourne autumn morning and another beautiful run.  Well, it looked beautiful in the pitch black and Fi says it's pretty in the daytime too.

Today was finally the step back week (finally, I say - I'm only 3 weeks in to the program, eeek) and I've been hanging out for it.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed it if my lats, lower back, hammies and glutes didn't have the worst DOMs in recent memory.  I know that it's all my fault for not listening to Jeff and doubling up on the waterball cleans but OWWWWW.

Who knew you use your back so much to run?  As for powering up hills, forget about it - I was clock watching from 7.2kms in. A quick stretch at a water stop helped a little but my back was incredibly sore and my range of motion was definitely impacted.  I'd even loaded up on the sportslegs and while that took the soreness out of my quads, it barely touched the sides on my back.  ( I swear by sportslegs, they're a must have for me for any distance over 25kms)

Next time I'll listen more carefully to instructions.

Lovely run Fi, thanks for hosting and the shower and cuppa after were luxurious.

Dist 15.2kms
Weight 73.2kg

No comments:

Post a Comment