Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sometimes time flies

AM

Didn't get my act together to organise any company today so I headed off alone at 6am from Abbotsford.  Beatiful morning for a run, slightly warm, dry and no wind - doesn't get much better than that.

Headed up Johnston St towards Princes Park where about 3kms in I noticed my GPS wasn't turned on.  I wasted 5 minutes boy looking* trying to fix it, and finally got it working.  Took off again, feeling extremely comfortable and headed up Rathdowne and around the backside of Princes Park.

Scooted down Swanston St, across Grattan and around Exhibition Gardens, down Spring to Fed Square.  I was very surprised to look at my watch and realise I'd been out for almost an hour and a half.  It felt like I'd been going for about 20mins - gotta love that!

I went around the Tan, along the river, across Church, down Swan to Burnley.  Was still feeling great even though my hip was starting to say hello by this stage.

Running along Victoria, I noticed Emily's car was at her gym so I called in to say hello.  She looks great and it was lovely to give her a big hug.

Then I was on the home straight back to Abbotsford and it was all over before I realised it.

Maybe I spent too much time daydreaming instead of concentrating but I did enjoy my run today even though I'm not sure where those 2 hours went.  Pace was pretty cruisy so maybe I was away with the fairies.

I took my tunes with me and didn't even turn them on.

No sunrise to speak of, the sky went from dark grey to light grey and then it was morning.  Very, very pleasant, calming and relaxing run.

Resting HR was 46 BPM this morning, I'm recording that so I can check back if I start feeling overtrained.

Dist 21km
72.6kg

 * when you can't see something right in front of your nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment