Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Excuses

AM

Well, I'm very pleased to say that I think I'm approaching the end of this phase of 'pre marathon syndrome', I know it will be back towards the end of the program but for the moment I'm feeling ok about where things are.

You may have noticed that the numbers I'm recording that end in a kg are decreasing as well which makes it a whole lot easier to haul my body around.  Hopefully, I'll be back under my happy weight soon and I'll be able to stop posting them for the world to see.

Did a timed lap of the Tan this morning. wasn't planning to.  I'd given myself an out because I knew my legs were weary and I wouldn't have top speed.  After I took off, I remembered what my sporto friend Emily had said about excuses (read it here).  Couldn't agree more, the only thing getting in the way of my training is my own attitude.

I was out there running, why put it off until Thursday when RIGHT NOW is the only time that counts?

Gave it what I had. Yes, it hurt, no, I didn't run a PB.  Who cares?  I gave it.

Time 17:22 (PB 17:06)
Weight 72.1kg

No comments:

Post a Comment