Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Speed and Jeff

AM

Another humid morning in Melbourne had me feeling like I was going to hurl.  Honestly, the hardest speed session I can remember doing.

Had the old 'marathon training, heavy post long run and Jeff DOMs' legs on this morning which left me feeling like I was running through peanut butter.  (mmm yum, peanut butter....)

Sucked it up and pushed on through.  Short recovery = hurt.

8 x 400m sprint at 5K pace
200m jog recovery

Total distance 8km

PM Jeff @ the gym

Jeff's strategy of making the classes harder to limit numbers doesn't really seem to be working.

16kg KB

Round body pass 20 ew x 2

Snatch and Jerk
1 snatch + 1 jerk es
2 snatch + 2 jerks es all the way to 10

OA swing and clean
1 swing es
1 clean es
2 swing es
2 clean es all the way to 10

Goblet squat + weirdo name Bulgarian Goat Belly Bend or something
1 Squat 1 Goat
2 squats 2 goats all the way to 10

Deadlift + Jerk
1 Deadlift es
1 jerk es
2 and so on to 10

Again, the group started when the slowest person finished which was me.  2nd time in 3 days that I got called a girl.  HTFU next time.

Hard workout, good fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment