Sunday, March 20, 2011

oh.my.god.

AM

Another gorgeous autumn day so I took the SS up to Kew Boulevard for a few laps.  It was beautiful up there today and very, very busy with lots of other cyclists and runners out enjoying the weather and the scenery.  I finally got to wear my new Rapha jersey and while I felt very stylish, I don't think it helped me go any faster.  Legs still caned, but back felt much better.

PM @ Jeff's

What to say? I don't think I've ever been so sweaty.  I'm sure I could do tonight's session a few months ago but tonight it was almost beyond me. (edit: Jeff says we've never done 3 laps with the tyres before)  Had to stop a few times (many, many, many times) to try and clear my dizzy head, or stop from throwing up, or walk backwards to try and ease my legs, or bend over double and get my breath back.

3 loops around the big block (between 1 - 1.5km, not sure, edit: 990 metres ) dragging the tyres.  One with the rings superman arms style, one with harness carrying a 10 kg weight plate, and one with the belt on it's own.  Each of the tyres were either filled with sand or water but I'm not sure how heavy they were.

I got photographed by an old lady, somebody filmed me on their iphone (better not end up on Youtube), somebody came outside to offer me water, somebody else asked me if I was training for The Biggest Loser (I know I've put on weight, but really??!!), multiple beeps and heckles, a lady came out of her front yard and said 'I'm a trainer, I don't think you should be doing that'.

Obviously, Tim, Gavin and I had done something that warranted extra special treatment from Jeff.  The boys were tough, they left me for dead.  I was worred that everybody would have gone home by the time I finished but luckily Jen came and found me and gave me a lolly which really helped.

Might be time to start thinking about dropping a session somewhere because me and my legs don't seem to be recovering.

Weight 72.9kg

No comments:

Post a Comment